Objectif Exhibitions - Job Announcement: Artistic Director
Job: Announcement: Artistic Director
Job Announcement: Artistic Director
Objectif Exhibitions is a non-profit space dedicated to contemporary visual art in Antwerp founded in 1999. The organization's public mandate is to offer a climate of support for the creation of and interaction with diverse artistic practices by producing new solo exhibitions of international and local artists. Alongside it core activity, Objectif Exhibitions hosts parallel events including lectures, performances, screenings and occasional residencies as well as producing occasional publications. Through its dynamic and varied program, Objectif aims to maintain a growing community of concerned and engaged audience committed to supporting the organization. The activities mainly take place within its white cube gallery space of approximately 160sqm in the center of the city.
The position of Artistic Director is concentrated in three main areas: artistic programming, administration and communication. The Artistic Director reports to the board.
Starting date February 1, 2012
• Lead and direct Objectif's programs, including curating exhibitions, organizing commissions and parallel program activities and events; providing overall vision and management; and provide a program with a unique international perspective on contemporary art developments.
• Plan and oversee the budget, expenditure and general fundraising.
• Oversee communications ranging from press releases, invitations, Web site and publications including determining Objectif's graphic identity.
• Build relations with the arts community in Belgium including artists, galleries, collectors and funders to seek and enhance support for Objectif's programs.
• Extensive experience in curating and working with artists and in artistic production, arts administration, and fundraising for contemporary art programs.
• Deep knowledge of international developments in contemporary art and a broad professional network.
• Demonstrated ability to work closely and productively with artists within budgetary and time constraints is a must.
• Familiarity with the practicalities of producing and installing exhibitions.
• At least five years professional experience in the field of contemporary art.
• Experience managing budgets and overseeing administrations.
• At least five years of professional experience in the field of contemporary visual arts.
Objectif Exhibitions is open to international applicants.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND AN UPDATED CURRICULUM VITAE AND LETTER DESCRIBING YOUR INTEREST IN THE POSITION TO firstname.lastname@example.org BY AUGUST 10, 2011.
Procedure: After the first deadline, short-listed candidates (ONLY) will be invited to submit a brief program proposal to be assessed by a committee consisting of members of the board and several external advisors, followed by interviews of pre-selected candidates in mid-September. The new Artistic Director will be announced by October 1, 2011.